Whether you are finally making the move from a paper and pen or spread sheet inventory or are upgrading the inventory software installed on your servers, it is time to consider a more effective option. Check out cloud-based barcode technology. Our IntelliTrack specialists can walk you through the pros and cons for your operation.
Web-based inventory technology with cloud storage offers you several advantages. Take the time to review just some of the features and benefits so you will know what questions to ask in order to make an informed decision.
Real Time Data
Any authorized personnel can both input and access data immediately at any given time from anywhere via the internet. This means that:
- Details of the entire inventory are always visible, including location, stock level, lot numbers, conditions, manufacturers and even users
- Workflow can be monitored and adjusted as needed for maximum efficiency
- Performance can be monitored with data available for reviewing the overall procedures and the work done by individuals
Cost Effective System
A web based inventory solution such as the IntelliTrack Stratus line of products saves you money in the longer term:
- Little or no upfront capital expenditures; you can often use your existing hardware
- Typically, expenses are paid in monthly/quarterly instalments as you are using the software
- Minimal downtime for software installation
- No need for expensive, regular upgrades of servers and other equipment
- Little or no costly time away from the job for worker training
- No need to pay for an IT specialist on staff as there is no IT infrastructure to install and maintain; system admin, backup, recovery and upgrades are all done remotely by accessible professionals
Results of Installing a Cloud Based Inventory Software System
You will immediately see the results of installing cloud based inventory software. Product such as IntelliTrack Stratus packages gives you complete control in tracking and managing your inventory so your business will experience:
- Increased productivity
With the real time data that allows you to monitor both process and performance, you will be able to adjust the variables until you achieve optimum workflow. You will not just think there are patterns or trends in the operations, you will be able to describe them in detail and make changes accordingly.
- Integration opportunities
A good inventory solution allows easy integration of your inventory software with back office systems such as accounting, sales, shipping and even HR scheduling. However, a cloud-based installation also makes it easy for B2B integration among shippers and receivers, increasing the overall visibility of your inventory throughout the supply chain.
- Increased profitability
There are always ways to save money when you have accurate and complete data to help adjust the workflow and worker schedules. However, a significant benefit of cloud-based inventory software is eliminating the need to employ and supervise IT personnel. You can simply purchase the inventory software and professional services you actually need for the amount of time they are used. Besides saving money, you can also increase revenue as you can focus on building your core business instead of spending time maintaining the current system.
Contact IntelliTrack to start the conversation about installing a cloud-based Stratus inventory solution. Our team of specialists in inventory software will walk with you through a review of your operations and a discussion of the pros and cons of various options for tracking and managing your inventory. After you make a decision, this same IntelliTrack team will facilitate the installation, training and ongoing support of your new Stratus technology solution.